EUGINE is the voice of the European reciprocating engine power plants industry in regulatory and policy matters relating to energy and is recognised accordingly by the public and European policy decision-makers.
The association contributes to the development of an efficient, responsive, fast, reliable and environmentally sound European energy system.
- To be recognised as the centre of knowledge for engine power plant technology and energy market design
- To contribute to European energy policy ensuring an optimised business environment by:
- strengthening the image of engine power plants as an essential energy source
- ensuring that the value of flexibility is recognised and is given a fair demand orientated price in the energy market
- ensuring that engine power plants are seen as a solution for
providing flexible energy which is a pre-requisite for a sustainable and
modern European energy system
- To serve as a networking platform for the European Engine Power Plants Industry and its stakeholders
- One billion Euro turnover:
All the leading European manufacturers of engine power plants and their key components
- Jobs for more than 10.000 employees:
A dynamic EU-based business sector providing qualified work in manufacturing and engineering all over Europe
- Broad range of solution:
Engine types cover an
output range between 6kW and 21 MW – combined in modular systems the
sector delivers power plants up to 600 MW
- Meeting the needs of Europe’s future energy mix:
Forward looking solutions for flexible electricity generation
- Proven technology:
Already more than 30 GW capacity installed in the EU
- Driven by Industry:
The work is supervised by a
Board consisting of industry leaders from all member companies.
Dedicated Working Groups and Task Forces actively contribute to the
positioning of the association
- Offices in Frankfurt & Brussels:
team is located in Brussels, at the heart of European decision-making,
and at VDMA in Frankfurt, Europe‘s leading engineering association.
- Reliable partner of EU institutions:
provides reliable information and proven facts to European decision
makers and legislators and is listed in the EU Transparency Register.